Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New beginnings

I keep thinking about new beginnings. I am coming off of CSCC's spring break and I haven't really taken a break at all. So while I should be feeling refreshed and ready to hit another 10 weeks of work and teaching (and coaching and playing basketball and playing Ultimate), I'm not. I do feel like some things have changed--we did a deep-cleaning on the house, the new sofa is in place, I *think* my windshield is finally fixed, and I've made a little progress on getting some work done on the house. It's a mixed bag of things, none of which signify a new start...just a different place to be.

I'm hoping that getting back to working out would help as well. Ugh, this body is do defiant right now. I was struggling 2 years ago before the cancer diagnosis, and now that struggle is amplified (seemingly) by a 1000 now. I realize some of it is age, but I also know that my chemistry has gone down the tubes as a result of the 6 months of cancer poison. I'm in line to see a nutritionist, and I'm hoping that he can give me some one-on-one insight about how to reset things. I'm just eternally frustrated with trying to do things only to end up feeling bad on the flip side. I know I'm being impatient, but this is just not what I'm used to.

So here's to new beginnings--new workout plans, a new quarter, a new nutrition plan. Perhaps I can at least trick myself into believing that I am refreshed after this break.

No comments: