Monday, June 26, 2006

Sleeping through treatment

Maybe they are right, or maybe it's too soon to tell, but the Taxol does seem easier. It wasn't any faster today, but I was told the subsequent treatments will be quicker. The biggest effect that I have felt so far is from Benadryl. They gave me about 100 mL by IV, and it kicked in big time. I felt really bad for Jane (who had accompanied me today--good thing, not sure I could have driven home). I slept almost the entire time I was there. And then I slept a few more hours at home. But on the flip side, I was able to make it down to class with no problems (although I did have problems AT class--the projector wasn't working so I couldn't give my lecture).

I'm a little tired tonight, and that meds have left a bad taste in my mouth (literally). But I am planning on going into work tomorrow and have a "normal" week. Perhaps sometime I'll blog as to what "normal" really means for me these days. I go back for another treatment Friday. I'll see what I'm up for, but the neighborhood is in full swing with Fab Fridays, so I'd like to attend one. It would probably be rude to attend and fall asleep in a lawn chair...

1 comment:

Doc said...

It is a regular neighborhood event. Several summer weekends are assigned, and folks can just go over to the host's house with lawnchairs and drink to socialize. I hosted one last year, but haven't gotten to any others. Didn't go tonight in the end--a little sleepy from the treatment. But I will make it to one--soon.
You should start them up in the desert--you have the spa/pool now.