Friday, April 28, 2006

Not your normal posting...

I started to write a post last night and lost my train of thought. That's not uncommon, I'm finding, during the week after treatment. Apparently these drugs are similar to alcohol in their ability to knock out brain cells. Let's just hope it's not permanent.

The thing I most wanted to post on was the yet unnamed lymph node. IT'S GETTING SMALLER! On a whim I gave it a poke last night, and wow, I can tell the difference. Holy lymph fluid Batman--the drugs aren't just to make my mind go numb and my hair fall out!! Progress is being made!! And I got the weekly blood-draw today. White blood cells are hanging tough, but falling. I expect that next week I'll be back on antibiotics. Bring on the green leafy vegetables!!

2 comments:

patty said...

Speaking of hanging tough--that would be D! She hesitates to mention all that she pushes herself to do...go to work, keep up with the dogs, bball occasionally, teach class twice a week, run errands, visit friends, and the house chores...remove the lovely porch carpet that required scraping paint off the multicolored cement below, and then 'brooming' the porch of all the paint chips. She's thinking about building some garden boxes with a little help from her friends. Any possibility of posting pictures of that? Her spirits are generally good, sense of humor is still present (she told me this is a barometer of how she feels) even as tired as she is. Keep those comments and emails coming/going ...whatever...

patty said...

Well, I guess all that womping on her when you guys were little is paying off. She will NOT be defeated!